The Community Meal, originally known as the Soup Kitchen, began as the first ministry of Lubbock Impact. Opening in October 2007, the Soup Kitchen served a crowd of approximately 50; now, the Community Meal serves an average of 250-300 people each week.
Lubbock Impact families are fed delicious meals and desserts in a family style manner every Wednesday at the Community Meal. Table hosts, servers, kitchen crew, and cleanup crew are provided by local churches, businesses, athletic teams, and individual families.
Relationship is the goal of the evening; wonderful food and a nice ambience are the extras! The Community Meal serves as the gateway to the other more individualized ministries on our campus.
How you can help:
- Donate grocery items for families as available
- Donate funds for purchasing food and supplies needed for our weekly meals
- Donate funds for purchasing food and desserts for special meals.
- Donate centerpieces or colorful napkins—we have 20 tables, and the main dining hall serves 220 people each Wednesday.
- Remember the Community Meal if your church or business has leftovers from a banquet or conference.
The average cost of a Wednesday night meal is $1000. All of our programs run on the generosity and hard work of volunteers.