The soup kitchen is the original ministry of Lubbock Impact. After opening in October 2007 with a crowd of approximately 50, the soup kitchen now serves an average of 250-300 people each week.
The motto of ‘not your average soup kitchen’ rings true each week as clients are fed delicious meals and desserts in a family style manner. The goal of the dining hall is to role play a nice family meal, something that many of our clients do not get to enjoy. Table hosts, servers, kitchen crew and cleanup crew are provided by local churches, businesses, athletic teams and individual families.
Relationship is the goal of the evening; wonderful food and a nice ambiance are the extras! The soup kitchen serves as the Lubbock Impact ministry to the masses and a gateway to the other, more individualized, ministries on our campus.
How you can help:
- Donate grocery items for families as available
- Donate funds for purchasing food and supplies needed for our weekly meals
- Donate funds for purchasing food and desserts for special meals.
- Donate centerpieces or colorful napkins—we have 20 tables and the main dining hall serves 220 people each Wednesday.
- Remember the soup kitchen if your church or business has leftovers from a banquet or conference.
The average cost of a Wednesday night meal is $1000. All of our programs run on the generosity and hard work of volunteers.